Native American Consultation Coordination Cultural Resource Management
One of the ASM's specialties is Native American ethnography, including:
- Tribal consultation coordination, providing assistance to Federal and state agencies for National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA) Section 106 consultation and California SB 18 compliance
- Ethnographic/ethnohistoric contexts and ethnographic overviews for cultural resource analyses
- NHPA cultural resource mitigation analysis for impacts to historic properties of traditional and religious significance
- Traditional Cultural Properties and Cultural Landscapes data collection and assessments
- Oral history data collection
- Assistance with NAGPRA compliance
- Liaison with Tribal Historic Preservation Officers (THPOs)
- Sacred sites studies, including rock art sites and waterways
ASM has assembled a team of anthropologists and ethnographers with over 200 years of combined experience working with Native American tribes, tribal issues, the ethnographic record and appropriate archival sources. We are pleased to offer the services of our specialists to agencies, project applicants, and land planning and CRM firms.
For many years ASM has conducted ethnographic research and assisted federal and state agencies with Native American consultation and the identification of traditional cultural places for compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and the NHPA.
- Mark Becker, Ph.D., RPA
- Sinéad Ní Ghabhláin, Ph.D., RPA
- Mark Giambastiani, Ph.D., RPA
- Russell L. Kaldenberg, M.A., RPA
- Jerry Schaefer, Ph.D., RPA
- David S. Whitley, Ph.D., RPA
- Molly Molenaar, M.A.
- Sherri Andrews, M.A., RPA
- David Iversen, M.A., RPA
- Don Laylander, M.A.
- Dayna Tinsley-Giambastiani, M.A., RPA
- Diane L. Winslow, M.A., RPA
- Adam Berg, M.A., RPA
- Montana Long, M.A.
- Pat Barker, Ph.D., RPA
- Leslie Fryman, M.A.
- William T. Eckhardt, B.A.
- Brian Williams, M.M.A., RPA
- James Daniels, Jr., M.A., RPA
- Kari Sprengeler, M.A.
- Clint Cole, Ph.D.
- Shelby Gunderman-Castells, M.A., RPA
- Ian Scharlotta, Ph.D., RPA
- Rebecca Halbmaier, M.Sc., RPA
- Patricia Stavish, M.S., RPA
HISTORIC PRESERVATION SPECIALIST
Archaeology often involves sensitive issues. Few companies offer the level of sensitivity to the resources, interest groups, and stakeholders that ASM does. We are proud that we’ve gained the level of trust with our clients, agency staff, and with Native American groups that allows us to work on some of the most sensitive sites and projects in the region. In many instances, we’ve been contracted directly by Native American tribal groups.